I knew from a young age that wanted to be a lawyer. My mother is a contentious commercial lawyer and I grew up inspired by her pleadings in court. I am fortunate to have followed the career I always wanted.
I graduated in law in 1999 with a First-Class Bachelor Degree from a top Romanian University.
After completing my studies, I practiced as a “jurisconsult” for a local law firm specialising in general commercial law and I also worked as a lecturer at the University where I graduated from, before moving to London in 2002.
I spent over 16 years in London, where I re-qualified as an English solicitor in 2009.
I accumulated 9 years’ experience working for top tier international law firms in the City of London specialising in construction law, energy and resources, PPP/PFI and general commercial law.
International law experience
With £641 million gross revenue in 2018, Ashurst is placed 12th on the 2019 The Lawyer’s top UK 200 rankings.
My career also includes working with Bevan Brittan, a UK national law firm which ranks “tier one” across eight practice areas in the newly published 2020 Legal 500 directory.
Due to family circumstances I relocated with my husband and our 5 years’ old daughter to Valencia in 2018 where I registered as European Lawyer with the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Valencia under the Regulation Directive 98/5/EC.
I set up my own consultancy business in early 2019 providing English and Spanish law advice to a wide range of UK and Spain based clients on a variety of legal matters.
The Law Society of England and Wales.
El Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Valencia (Registered European Lawyer).
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) – Second Class Honours, First Division, The College of Law (now The University of Law), London.
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law (now The University of Law), London.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, The College of Law (now The University of Law), London.
- Post Graduate Studies in Law, the Police Academy “Alexandru Ioan Cuza”, Bucharest, Romania.
- First Class Bachelor Degree in Law from a top Romanian University.
Projects of note on which I worked include:
- Drafted collaboration agreements and software agreements for a mid tier IT company.
- Advised a smart app and cloud service developer in its capacity as Owner in relation to its reseller agreements.
- Advised a UK utilities company in its capacity as Employer in relation to an alliancing strategy and implementation.
- Advised a major UK retailer in its capacity as Employer on several Automated Storage and Materials Handling Facilities.
- Completed a due diligence exercise/report for a bidder, consisting of reviewing corporate documentation of 11 companies in relation to the potential acquisition of an equity interest in SeaEnergy Renewables Limited, an entity with rights to develop both exclusively and in partnership with joint venturers a number of offshore wind farms in Scotland and Taiwan.
- Advised a multi-discipline Civil Engineering sub-contractor in relation to successfully defending an adjudication commenced by one of its sub-contractors.
- Advised a major property and leisure management, development and regeneration company on its professional consultants appointments in its role as development manager for multiple developments with a local authority.
- Advised a local authority on its development agreement, building contract and related documentation to deliver a new multiplex cinema, including two restaurants and upper floor leisure/employment space.
- Advised a start-up building company on all matters relating to their construction and commercial contracts.
Energy/renewables and PFI/PPP
- Advised an international waste management company in its capacity as SPV/EPC Contractor on three of their major waste PFI schemes in the UK.
- Advised Canadian Solar on the EPC and O&M Contracts in relation to a number of solar power plants in the UK.
- Advised the Lenders on the Cornwall EfW PFI Project.
- Advised a Swedish EfW developer and operator on its Eastern Europe energy from waste project.
- Advised the SPV and EPC Contractor on the North London Waste Authority (NWLA) fuel use procurement during ISFT (part of NWLA £3 billion waste PFI scheme).
- Advised a Turkish consortium in its capacity as sponsor for a project for a 22-year concession to BOT a 420 km road between Izmir and Gebze in Turkey, in relation to the structuring of its construction contract related security package/bonds.
- Advised the developer in relation to two residential housing projects for the Government of an African country.
- Advised the Lender on the employer’s conditions of contract for construction and particular conditions of contract amending the FIDIC Red Book in relation to the Jabi Lake Mall Project in Nigeria.
- Advised Hackney Schools for the Future Limited in developing the design and construction contracts for the development of Phase 2 of the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme in Hackney.
- Advised Balfour Beatty Capital Projects Ltd in its capacity as sponsor in relation to the £57 million BSF project Phase 2 in Southwark.
- Advised a Skanska-led consortium in its capacity as sponsor in relation to the £90 million BSF project in Essex.
Please Contact me for a no-obligations conversation and to obtain a fee quotation for my legal services.